What small towns are around Austin?
While there are many small towns around ATX that can give you the best of both worlds, we’re highlighting four here that fit the bill:
- Lockhart. Population: 13,700. Distance to Austin: 33 miles.
- Taylor. Population: 13,500. Distance to Austin: 39 miles.
- Wimberley. Population: 3,000.
- Blanco. Population: 2,000.
What towns are close to Austin?
Best Suburbs Near Austin, Texas
- Cedar Park. Population: 76,999. Median Home Value: $279,900.
- Lakeway. Population: 15,673.
- Brushy Creek. Population: 21,764.
- Round Rock. Population: 128,739.
- Pflugerville. Population: 64,431.
- Leander. Population: 56,111.
- Shady Hollow. Population: 5,004.
- Wells Branch. Population: 12,120.
What is the best small town in Texas?
- 1 of 8 Fredericksburg, Texas.
- 2 of 8 New Braunfels, Texas.
- 3 of 8 Boerne, Texas.
- 4 of 8 Round Top, Texas.
- 5 of 8 Port Aransas, Texas.
- 6 of 8 Grapevine, Texas.
- 7 of 8 Marathon, Texas.
- 8 of 8 Johnson City, Texas.
What is the best place to live near Austin Texas?
The 20 Best Neighborhoods in Austin: Where to Live in 2022
- Allandale. Surrounded by the bustle of city life, Allandale is a unique enclave of quiet suburban streets just minutes from downtown with easy access to the rest of Austin.
- Barton Hills.
- Cedar Park.
- Dripping Springs.
- East Austin.
What small towns are around Austin? – Additional Questions
Why you should not move to Austin TX?
Where should I not live in Austin TX?
Most Dangerous Places to Live in Austin
- Montopolis. Located in the southeast area of Austin with a population of around 12,211, Montopolis is considered one of the most dangerous places to live in Austin.
- Martin Luther King-Hwy 183.
- Georgian Acre.
- Johnston Terrace.
- Saint Johns.
- Cedar Park.
What is the safest part of Austin TX?
Safest places to live in Austin area*:
- Round Rock.
- Hyde Park.
- Triangle State.
- North University.
- Bee Cave.
- Old West Austin.
Should I move to Houston or Austin?
Austin is a safer and cleaner city than Houston. It’s also a quieter environment, which is why so many families prefer to live there. Of course, with safety comes higher prices of real estate. However, homes in Austin tend to appreciate in value quicker than homes in Houston.
Is Austin TX a good place to live?
For the third straight year, U.S. News & World Report named Austin as the No. 1 Best Place to Live in the U.S. again for 2019. “The capital of Texas continues to receive interest from the tech industry, contributing to a strong job market and high desirability among Americans as a place to live,” U.S. News wrote.
Is Austin Texas good for retirees?
Aside from being a great city for young professionals, Austin is also ideal for retirees. There are numerous activities for senior citizens to enjoy such as boating, golfing, and hiking. Austin, Texas has made it to the list of the Best Places to Live and Best Places to Retire in America for 2020.
How much do I need to retire in Austin?
According to the data, the projected cost of retiring in Austin will cost somewhere between $60,000 and $69,999; in Dallas and Houston, seniors can expect to pay somewhere between $50,000 and $54,999.
Where should I live in my 50s Austin?
Best Austin Neighborhoods to Retire Map
- Austin. Downtown. Barton Creek. Bouldin Creek.
- North Austin Suburbs. Cimarron Hills. Heritage at Vizcaya. Sun City.
- South Austin Suburbs. Elliott Ranch. La Ventana.
- West Austin Suburbs. Barton Creek Lakeside. Belvedere. Rough Hollow. Tuscan Village.
Where do retirees live in Austin Texas?
Most retirees in the Austin tend to live in single-homes with small yards or townhouses. Georgetown, Round Rock, Wimberly, Bee Cave, and Cedar Park are a few of the best neighborhoods to retire in Austin TX.
What’s the hottest month in Austin Texas?
Austin. The warmest month of the year is August, with a mean temperature of 86.5 degrees. The peak of the summer is July 31 to Aug.
Is Leander TX A good place to retire?
Leander is in Williamson County and is one of the best places to live in Texas. Living in Leander offers residents a rural feel and most residents own their homes. In Leander there are a lot of parks. Many families and young professionals live in Leander and residents tend to lean conservative.
Where should I live in my 40s Austin?
The 10 Best Places to Live in Austin for Singles
- North Loop.
- Triangle State.
- Bouldin Creek.
- Downtown Austin.
- Old Endfield.
- South Lamar.
- Old West Austin. According to Extra Space, The Old West Austin neighborhood is one o the safest area to live in the city.
Where do Millennials live in Austin?
Just north of the Colorado River and south of Downtown Austin, 2nd Street District is a very attractive place to live for millennials. Known as Austin’s shopping hub, it centers around some of the best retail the town has to offer.
Where do the rich live in Austin Texas?
The wealthiest Austin neighborhood, West Lake Oaks-Bee Creek Terrace, was ranked the 64th richest neighborhood in America, with an average annual household income of $388,436.
Where should I live in my 30s Austin?
East Austin, more specifically the area with a 78702 zip code, is the perfect place for thirty-somethings to live. If you want to have an apartment in an area where the Live Music Capital of the World lives up to its name, East Austin is where you want to be.
Where should I live to move to in Austin?
Downtown Austin Neighborhood Guide
- Warehouse District to Lamar. If I were living Downtown, this is probably where I would go.
- Rainey Street. You’re living here if you JUST graduated from college, and you are the life of the party.
- Red River District.
- Sixth Street.
- The Arboretum.
- The Domain.
- East Downtown.
Is Austin a good city for singles?
If you’re single, Austin reigns as one of the best U.S. cities in which to mingle in hopes of finding a new love. Personal finance website WalletHub ranks Austin fifth best for singles among more than 180 cities.