What is there to do in Austin for Christmas?
- See the magical gingerbread village at the Four Seasons.
- Go ice skating on the roof of Whole Foods.
- Join in the Holiday Singalong and Downtown Stroll.
- See Santa on the Terrace at the Long Center.
- Ride the North Pole Flyer.
- Build a gingerbread house at the Thinkery.
What is Austin Texas like in December? December Weather in Austin Texas, United States. Daily high temperatures decrease by 6°F, from 67°F to 62°F, rarely falling below 46°F or exceeding 78°F. Daily low temperatures decrease by 5°F, from 48°F to 43°F, rarely falling below 30°F or exceeding 62°F.
Does Austin have Christmas Lights? Despite its warm climate, Austin transforms into a winter wonderland over the holidays, largely thanks to elaborate and festive lights displays. Of all of the Austin Christmas events, the Trail of Lights is one of the largest and the most well known.
Has Austin TX ever had a white Christmas? The other was back in 1918 when 0.1 inch fell. In Central Texas, snow has fallen in Austin as early as November 14 and as late as March 27. However, measurable snowfall has never happened on Christmas.