How do I contact the IRS in Austin Texas?
- Hours. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM*
- Contact Info. Phone: (512) 499-5127.
- Parking. Limited parking is available in the Rundberg Square parking lot.
- Security. All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment.
Why am I getting a letter from the IRS in Austin Texas? Every year the IRS mails letters or notices to taxpayers for many different reasons. Typically, it’s about a specific issue with a taxpayer’s federal tax return or tax account. A notice may tell them about changes to their account or ask for more information. It could also tell them they need to make a payment.
Is the IRS based in Austin Texas? The Austin office, located at 3651 S I-35, is one of three remaining IRS facilities which process paper returns.
How do you speak to a live person at the IRS?
- Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 during their support hours.
- Select your language, pressing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
- Press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.
- Press 1 for questions about a form already filed or a payment.
- Press 3 for all other questions.