Does Austin have good medical care? Healthcare in Austin Texas is top-notch too. In fact four area hospitals have been named to a list of the top 100 hospitals in the United States.
How do I find a primary care physician?
- Determine Which Doctors Are “In-Network”
- Find a Doctor with Expertise that Meets Your Health Needs.
- Ask for Referrals.
- Think About Logistics.
- Visit the Doctor.
What is the best way to find the doctor if you new to the area?
- Get a recommendation from your former primary care doctor.
- Find health care providers through your insurance provider.
- Use the American Medical Association’s DoctorFinder tool.
- Search the U.S. News Doctor Finder.
- Ask new friends, neighbors and coworkers.
How do I check the reputation of a doctor? Go to the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) website to check the basics with their DocInfo.org search function. You will find the doctor’s board certifications, education, states with active licenses, and any actions against the physician.